Resharpening time shoud be decided not to be late for better efficiency, the guidelines for determining the time to resharpen are follows:
1,wear amount, when the gear is cut by roughing or finishing process, the hob wear amount can be different. Generally, it is recommended to regrind per chart below.
2,tool life, to preserve an optimum cutting condition and get long tool life, a tool should be resharpened after checking the wear amount. If you use a worn tool, the tools' cutting ability is reduced.
during grinding,if you exceed the proper grinding amount an invisible grinding crack may occur so it makes the tooth separate and causes the hob to break. If you suspect that a grinding error has occurred, continue to inspect the teeth and if you notice any color variation, this could be an indication that a crack has formed and you stop using the hob.
please visit our new website and contact us for more details precision gear hobs.
- Information required when ordering gear hobs
- Timing Pulley Hob for (AT.)D.T AT5
- Defination of Basic Hob Profiles
- Shank Type Worm Gear Hob with Module m5
- PA30° DIN5480 Involute Spline Gear Hob with Module m3.5
- RS140 Roller Chain Sprocket Hob with Pitch 44.45 x Roller Dia. 25.4
- PA20° PCD 240mm β15° Disk Type Conventional Gear Shaving Cutter with Module m2~m8