Hobs with protuberance are roughing cutters whose profile differs from the standard type to DIN3972 in that protuberances are present on the tips which project beyond the straight flanks of the basic profile.
The purpose of the protuberance hobs is to create a clearance cut on the tooth roots of spur gears, This is necessary when the teeth are to be finish machined by shaving, grinding or hobbing with a carbide skiving hob.
- Shank Type Worm Wheel Hob with Module m5
- PA20° Pre-shaving Gear Hob Cutter with Module m1.75
- Gear Shaving
- Information required when ordering gear hobs
- PA30° DIN5480 Involute Spline Hob Cutter with Module m1
- RS120 Roller Chain Sprocket Hob with Pitch 38.1 x Roller Dia. 22.23
- PA20° Profile DIN3972 Standard Gear Hob Cutter with Module m4.5